VMware has just made vSphere 6.7 Generally Available!
As part of vSphere, we have updates to all core components, notably:
- vCenter Server Appliance
- Update Manager
- HTMl5 Client
This week has also seen vRealize Operations & vSAN announce version 6.7 also.
What am I most interested in?
I’ll be blogging about some of these things later in the week so stay tuned or follow on Twitter @Virtualg_UK for updates.
- vCenter Server 6.7 now supports Enhanced Link Mode (ELM) with embedded PSCs. No longer do you need to deploy external PSCs simply to have ELM.
- Update Manager support for upgrades with no hardware reboot
- Major Fault Tolerance Improvements (This is a standard feature, make the most of that license fee!)
- Instant Clones!
- Interoperability with other VMware and 3rd party products and Services (VMWonAWS anyone?)
VMware has posted some excellent documents for these releases so I’ll link them here instead of reinventing the wheel:
- Introducing VMware vSphere 6.7!
- Introducing vCenter Server 6.7
- Introducing vSphere 6.7 Security
- Introducing Faster Lifecycle Management Operations in VMware vSphere 6.7
- Introducing Developer and Automation Interfaces for vSphere 6.7
- Introducing vSphere with Operations Management 6.7
- Introducing vSphere 6.7 for Enterprise Applications
Official VMware vSphere 6.7 Video Playlist